How to Apply
Ready to make your application? Follow the steps below for help on how to apply.
Make sure you apply as early as you can to increase your chance of getting onto your first choice course. Remember, you can apply for up to five courses!
Unsure about something? Check out our Frequently Asked Question
Got an offer? Learn about managing your offers
Scroll down this page to view our step by step video guides on making an application.
2. Click on the course name for more information about the course.
3. When you find the course you are interested in click on Apply.
4. If you want to browse for more courses add these to your basket.
5. You can apply for up to 5 courses. (If you apply for more than 5 courses this could delay the processing of your application.)
6. When you have finished adding courses to your basket, click on Apply. This will take you to online applications.
7. Follow the instructions on screen to complete your application.
If you would prefer not to apply online, please contact studentportal[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk or telephone 02890 265 265. You can request a paper copy of the application form instead. The date we receive your completed application form will be recorded as the date you apply.
1. If you already have a Belfast Met account just log in. If you cannot remember your password from your previous application, click on Forgot Password. An email with a link to reset your password will be sent to you.
2. If you are new to Belfast Met you will need to create a new account. Click on Create a New Account. You must use a valid email address.
3.Follow the instructions on screen to set up your account and complete your application.
4. We will send you an email to let you know we have received your application.
5. You can log back into your account at any time to track your application.
6. If you need any help email studentportal[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk
1. You can apply for a course even if you are waiting on results. We will ask you for evidence of your qualifications when you enrol. If you have the evidence now you can upload it via your online application account.
2. Your application does not guarantee a place on the course. Please read the information below about offers and places.
3. An early application will increase your chance of getting onto your course of first choice.
4. If you need any help email studentportal[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk
5. Please read our Terms and Conditions before applying for or enrolling on any of our courses.
Accepting Your Offer
1.You must accept your offer. To do this, log into your account by clicking here.
2. You can only hold one offer. If you have applied for more than one course, you may receive other offers. You can only hold one offer for the course you are most interested in. You must reject any other offers you receive.
3. If you reject an offer, we will still keep you on the course waiting list. This means that if you change your mind, or if you do not meet the entry requirements for your first choice, you may be offered a place on your second choice (if places are available). This usually happens in late August/early September.
4. If you are no longer interested in the course, you should withdraw your application as soon as possible. To do this contact studentportal[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk to ask for your application to be withdrawn.
5.If you need any help email studentportal[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk
Applications for some Higher Education courses need to be made directly through UCAS.
To do this, please contact UCAS at 01242 222 444 or via the UCAS website. Information required for UCAS applications is on the relevant course page on our website. Please note: UCAS operate their own submission deadlines and application procedures. Please check with UCAS for the most up-to-date information.
DisclaimerBelfast Metropolitan College has made every effort to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate and up-to-date. The College cannot accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or ambiguities and reserves the right to revise, alter, discontinue or cancel courses once they have commenced. The location referenced may be the primary location and you may have to attend at an alternative site.