Belfast Met offers a selection of Higher Education (HE) courses that are closely aligned with industry demand and run in conjunction with top UK education providers.
Our HE partners include Queen’s University Belfast, Ulster University, the University of Dundee and Pearson Edexcel. We also offer a range of professional and technical awarding organisation programmes including Institute of Leadership and Management, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
All of our HE programmes face the same rigorous external checks and audits as a university programme as we are all assessed by the Quality Assurance Agency. But, as you’ll experience, Higher Education in the College is also fundamentally different – in a good way.
Make us your first choice for Higher Education
- You will benefit from significantly less costs for your qualification than universities which means less student debt to repay.
- Staying at home to study a HE course also makes it possible to hold down a full-time or part-time job and can also drastically reduce living expenses compared to living away at university.
- You’ll be studying a course that will help fill the ‘skills gap’ – Foundation Degrees and Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) are at level 4 and 5 – which are in high demand by industry. Belfast Met delivers courses that are in demand by employers, meaning you will have a better chance of getting a job at the end of it. This is why our slogan is ‘leading the city to work’.
- It may be a direct route to university – Students who successfully complete a Foundation Degree or HND may progress to an Honours Degree at university subject meeting entry requirements.
- You’ll benefit from smaller classes with lecturers who are focused on teaching and can provide individual learning support.
- Many of the courses have work-related learning opportunities.
If this suits your way of learning and lifestyle, Belfast Met could be the right match for you.
Our HE students are all ages and come from many walks of life. To qualify for our courses, students are usually aged 18 or over and must have previously completed study paths such as A Level or BTEC National Diplomas. However applications from mature students who have relevant industry experience will also be considered.
Will Brexit affect my application to Belfast Met?
As events related to Brexit change daily, please refer to the latest UK Government information HERE
For information on the EU Settlement Scheme and settled status CLICK HERE