Careers and Employability Service
Good advice gets you on the right path
Belfast Met’s Careers and Employability Service offers support to help you to make important decisions about your education, your training and your career development.
You may want help to identify the course that is right for you, to develop your career ideas or to progress to a job or a higher course of study.
Whatever your goal, we offer a professional, impartial and confidential careers education, information, advice and guidance service to help you to make effective career decisions to take your next step.
We provide guidance to help you to:
- Understand and realistically assess your career options
- Make effective career decisions
- Understand the job/course search process
- Prepare for selection processes
- Succeed in reaching your goals
We can help you to get:Access to opportunities for skills development, work experience and employment through:
- Meeting employers at our Job Fairs programme
- Advertising job vacancies through our college resources
Access careers information and resources on:
- Courses in further and higher education
- Job opportunities
Remember - a career is about more than just getting a job, although getting a job is an important part in your career development.
A career is made up of a number of different stages in your working life and is described better as a pathway or a series of steps e.g. education, training, employment, further qualifications, job changes through promotion or other personal changes in your life.
Careers guidance is professional help that you can access to develop your career pathway.
Contact us initially by email: careers[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk or phone 028 9026 5066. We will provide the support you need by either telephone, online Teams Audio or Video call, on campus or by email.
If you are a Belfast Met student you can also refer to the extensive information materials available on our Careers Canvas page.
Follow us on social media for the latest news, events and opportunities.
Facebook: Belfast Met Careers Service
Moving On Up
If you are completing a Level 3 course Further Education course or a Level 4 or 5 Higher Education course, then this booklet can help you:
- Understand your Higher Education options in Colleges and Universities
- Provide key information about the higher education application process to college or university
- Explore other options e.g. Higher Level Apprenticeships (HLA’s), Degree Level Apprenticeships
- Decide on your next steps
The Careers and Employability Service welcomes all feedback (comments, compliments and complaints) and will aim to respond quickly. In the first instance email any feedback to careers[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk
All personal information provided to the service is stored in accordance with UK data protection legislation. The College Careers and Employability Service holds Matrix Accreditation.