Frequently Asked Questions - Applications
I can't remember my username
- Contact Campus Admin on 028 90265 265 between 9am and 5pm or email studentportal[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk
- The username is made up of the first part of applicant email address up to @ symbol.
I can't remember my password
- On the left hand side of Prospect online application screen, click on ‘Forgot your password’.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset the password.
A message on my screen says that my email is invalid. What should I do?Wait a few moments and try again. Sometimes the system needs time to recognise your account. If the message continues to be displayed, email studentportal[AT]belfast[DOT]ac[DOT]uk or telephone 028 90265 265 for help.
I have created an account but when I try to log on, it doesn’t recognise me
Check your emails from Belfast Met (emails may appear in your Junk Email inbox). If you have not received a confirmation email from the College, you may not have completed all of the steps to finish setting up an account. Repeat creating a new account.
If you continue to experience difficulties email studentportal[AT]belfast[DOT]ac[DOT]uk or telephone 028 90265 265 for help.
When I try to submit my application, it says it is a duplicate
Log out of your online application system. Remove courses from your basket. Search for your course again and add your course to the basket. Then log in again.
If you continue to experience differences email studentportal[AT]belfast[DOT]ac[DOT]uk or telephone 028 90265 265 for help.
I’m not sure my application has gone through. Can I track this?You can track your application by logging back into your online application account and use the menu on the left hand side to your details. You can also check courses applied for by checking your emails. We will update you on the progress of your application.
There is a spelling mistake in my name/address. How do I edit this?Email studentportal[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk or telephone 028 90265 265 with your changes.
How can I withdraw my application?Email studentportal[AT]belfastportal[DOT]ac[DOT]uk or telephone 028 90265 265.
Please include your name and the full name of the course you would like to withdraw from.
What is the minimum age to enrol at Belfast Met in September 2022?You must be 16 years old by 1 July 2022 to apply to or enrol with us at Belfast Met. This is set out in the Further Education (NI) Order 1997.
Exceptions to this are the arrangements under formal School-College Partnerships – please contact us or your own post-primary school to check if this arrangement might be available to you. If you have completed Year 12/Form 5 in school but will not be 16 years old by 1 July 2022, you should contact the Education Authority NI for further advice at [email protected] or tel. 02890 564000.
Please email [email protected] or telephone 028 90265 265 if you require any further information from Belfast Met to help with your query.
My qualifications do not exist on the drop-down listThere is a free text ‘Other’ option available directly underneath the Qualifications line.
I haven’t sat my GCSEs yet, what should I enter in Grade box?Either leave the grade box blank or enter ‘Pending’.
Do I have to record my qualifications when applying?
- You must record each qualification you have already achieved.
- You must also upload copies of the evidence of your qualifications e.g. exam certificates.
- If you are waiting on results this year, type Pending in the Grade box.
- When you get these results, you should update Pending to your actual grade.
Do I have to upload evidence of identity and Right to Study?
- We have to check your identity and your right to study at Belfast Met.
- Log into your online application account by clicking here
- Click here to check what evidence you will need.
- Upload copies of your evidence of your identity and your right to study.
- IMPORTANT: If you are unable to upload proof of your identity and right to study immediately, you can still proceed with your application but we will ask you for this when you enrol.