What is a Higher Level Apprenticeship?
A Higher Level Apprenticeship (HLA) is designed around high value and high skill activities and is currently:
- An apprenticeship with a targeted qualification between Level 4 (HNC equivalent) to Level 5 (Foundation degree or HND equivalent).
- Designed to help individuals develop professional and technical skills, as well as gaining recognised higher qualifications while in paid employment.
- The best combination of on-the-job training whilst at the same time enabling the apprentice to study for a higher level qualification to give you the knowledge businesses need in todays global marketplace.
- A desirable, cost effective and viable alternative to university education.
- One of the ways in which employers are now seeking to fill their higher level skills gaps efficiently and effectively by tailoring learning directly to the work place.
HLA's in BelfastMet
The HLA apprenticeship in Accountancy, launched in 2014/15 and supported by 12 Blue chip Belfast accountancy firms has yielded fantastic results for both companies and apprentices alike with all apprentices achieving success in their first year examinations and all moving into the second year. The outcome of this successful Programme has produced:
A second cohort of HLA apprenticeships in Accountancy was launched for 15/16 and 13 apprentices began their journey to career excellence in Accountancy
100% retention and success
Full-time and sustained employment for all those apprentices who started the Programme.
Current HLA's available at Belfast Met
For further information:
Telephone: 028 9026 5220 or Email: apprenticeships[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk