ApprenticeshipsNI in Belfast Met
- Have attained the minimum school leaving age
- Be in or about to take up permanent paid employment with a Northern Ireland-based company
- Have the potential to successfully complete all the requirements of your training programme
- Meet any health requirements (eg colour vision) specific to the occupation of your choice
- Have achieved any necessary entry academic qualifications (eg GCSE) as required within your occupational area
- Pass any aptitude/entry tests specified by the College relevant to the occupational sector.
Key Elements of Apprenticeships
- Permanent paid employment (a minimum of 21 contracted hours per week with one employer, which includes day release/off-the-job training) from day one.
- Payment of a wage in line with the National Minimum Wage regulations.
- A Professional and Technical qualification including College-based training, Essential Skills (where applicable), and structured workplace training.
- A Personal Training Plan (PTP) that is discussed and agreed between BelfastMet, you and your employer and which details the progression route for achieving the agreed qualifications.
- A delivery agreement between you, BelfastMet and your employer, outlining the roles and responsibilities of each.
For further information:
Telephone: 028 9026 5433 or Email: apprenticeships[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk