Library and Information Services
Supporting learning and educating for life
Belfast Met has an extensive Library and Information Service that has been designed to support your learning on and off campus.
There are three large Libraries in our campuses at Titanic Quarter, Millfield and Castlereagh. We also provide support and resources for courses at our E3/Springvale campus.
The Libraries have a vast range of resources that have been bought specifically to support your course and you are encouraged to use these as your primary sources of information.
Extensive reading lists and subject guides are created and updated regularly for each course. We constantly update our resources through consultation with academic staff and we pride ourselves in offering some of the best and most authoritative materials available to any third level institution.
You can also use the Belfast Met Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) off campus 24/7 to access a range of e-books, journals and databases. This is available to all students.
At Induction, and during your time at Belfast Met, we will try to provide all the necessary support and resources you require to improve your subject knowledge, complete your assignments and become more information literate.
Our Library facilities include:
- 80,000+ printed books and 70 print journals
- Wi-Fi throughout each library
- An extensive range computer facilities in each site, including software specific to many courses
- Laptops for loan
- Individual study spaces and ‘Bring Your Own’ facilities
- Silent and group work areas
- Bookable group study rooms for students
- Informal meeting zones with soft seating
- Printing and photocopying facilities
- Extensive opening times
- Self-service issue/return
- Library Inductions for all first year students
- Tailored e-resource tutorials for classes
- Experienced staff available to help
| Titanic Quarter Library
Levels 3 and 4
Building 1, 1st floor
Block 3, Ground Floor
028 9026 5072
028 9026 5334
028 9053 3476
Library & Information Services Manager: Ross McDonald
02890 265 017
To view detailed accessibility information to Belfast Metropolitan College, click here to go to DisabledGo.com