Are you available during the day for 3 days per week?
Are you looking for some direction?
Did you not get into the course you were hoping for?
Are you on a waiting list for your course?
Do you want to come to Belfast Met and need a bit of help getting there?
Futures Project is for you!
Futures is a 6-month personal development programme offering the opportunity to:
- Improve confidence and self esteem
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Gain a better awareness of other cultures
- Gain knowledge of how you can make a difference in your community
- Participate in a community volunteering experience
- Participate in a residential and outdoor pursuits
What will you get?
- OCN Level 2 Award in Personal Success and Wellbeing (worth 6 credits)
- Volunteering experience
- A Mentor for the duration of the programme
- £8 per day incentive payment for attending (subject to eligibility)
- Free travel
- Assistance with childcare
- Free lunch each day
Futures will be operating in the Belfast and Lurgan areas. Contact the team to find a programme near youfutures[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk
The ‘Futures’ Project is one of eleven PEACE IV Children and Young People programmes funded by European Union’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB), 'Futures' is partnership between Belfast Met, Start360 and NI Housing Executive and is a programme for young people aged 16-24 from Greater Belfast and Lurgan to enhance the capacity of young people to form positive and effective relationships with others of a different background and make a positive contribution to building a cohesive society.