Entry Requirements Higher Education
Entry criteria for each university differs depending on the university awarding body. Please see website of individual university for more information.
Higher Education (Level 4+)Applicants must:
- Have evidence of competence in written and spoken English and Numeracy, equivalent to Level 2 certification in each subject or GCSE Grade C as required by the Awarding Organisation.
- Have attained at least 12 points at Level 2 or above (e.g. GCSE) or have alternative approved qualifications.
- Have attained a pass in at least one GCE A Level subject or equivalent Level 3 qualification.
Applicants should have attained the minimum tariff points as detailed against each course. These should be achieved through the completion of A Levels, National Awards, Access
or other alternative approved qualifications.
The College reserves the right to increase the entrance criteria for all higher education provision based on demand and required academic standards as specified by the awarding
Alternative approved qualifications Belfast Met will accept as alternative approved qualifications:
- Irish Leaving Certificate with passes in three approved subjects at ordinary level, together with a minimum of 80 UCAS points gained at higher level
- BTEC National qualifications (Level 3) awarded by Edexcel
- OCR National qualifications (Level 3)
- NVQ qualifications (Level 3)
- A minimum of two passes at Grade D or above in Scottish Highers
- The European, International or Welsh Baccalaureate
- Satisfactory completion of an approved Access course.
Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning
The College recognises that some adult learners will have substantial industry experience and may not have formal qualifications to demonstrate skills, knowledge or capability. The College will work with such applicants to identify appropriate evidence equivalent to the entrance criteria. Should you wish to avail of this service you should contact the course team for further information.
All courses within Belfast Met are delivered and assessed in English, apart from language specific courses. Your competence in English must be verified prior to enrolling on your chosen course.
Further information on the Colleges recognition of Prior Learning can be found on the Public Document page.
|6||BA (Hons) BSc (Hons)||Bachelor Degrees|
|5||BTEC Level 5 Higher National
|Foundation Degrees Higher National Diplomas Diplomas of Higher Education and Further Education|
|4||IAM Level 4 Diploma in Administration Management||Certificates of Further
|3||BTEC Level 3 Extended
QCF Level 3 NVQ Diploma
BTEC Level 3 Diploma
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary
|Three GCE A Levels
Three GCE A Levels
Two GCE A Levels
One GCE A Leve
|2||BTEC Level 2 Diploma
BTEC Level 2 Extended
|Four GCSEs A*-C
Two GCSEs A*-C
|1||BTEC Level 1 Certificate/