Accounting Technicians Ireland Level 4 Certificate for Accounting Technicians (QCF)
01 Jun 19
ATI Level 4 Certificate for Accounting Technicians (QCF)
Qualification number - 600/6337/3
Location - Titanic Quarter
Having a recognised accounting qualification demonstrates expertise, experience and knowledge in accounting. Accounting Technicians Ireland provides an accounting qualification that is recognised by industry as one of the leading accounting qualifications in Ireland.
You may be exempt from some subjects if you have a relevant degree or have studied another professional accounting qualification. Prospective students MUST confirm any exemption entitlement with ATI at www.accountingtechniciansireland.ie BEFORE coming to enrol.
This is a one year Level 4 Certificate programme which is both a standalone qualification AND also the compulsory Entry/1st year of the Level 5 Diploma programme (which itself is a 2 year programme with second year enrolment under course code C4037.
This accounting certificate is awarded on successful completing of the 4 modules listed below over one year. This combination of subjects is specifically designed to provide students with a solid grounding in business as well as a strong foundation in accountancy.
First Year Subjects
Financial Accounting I
Law & Ethics
Students must successfully complete (or be exempt from) at least 3 first year subjects to be able to progress to year 2 Diploma include both Financial Accounting 1 and Taxation 1.
Tuition for all subjects will be offered (subject to minimum enrolment numbers) as part time day release and evening classes attending weekly from September to May.
Assessment of the ATI Level 4 Certificate is by external exams arranged by students directly with ATI. BMC offer a linear programme of study and prepare students for the May exam sitting each year.
This course session is currently closed for enrolment/applications – it may be offered at a later date – please continue to check our website for updates.
Entry Requirements for Students over 21 years of age:
If you are 21 years of age or older you can apply to enrol as a student on the basis of your age and experience rather than on your educational background. This is often helpful to people who want to return to work after an absence.
Entry Requirements for Students under 21 years of age:
Students from the Republic of Ireland must meet one of the following criteria:
• Leaving Certificate with five passes on Ordinary Level papers. (Passes to include English and either Mathematics or Accountancy).
• Leaving Certificate with four passes of which at least two are on Higher Level papers. (Passes to include English and either Mathematics or Accountancy).
• A fully completed relevant FETAC Level 5 qualification.
• Students who are sitting the Applied Leaving Certificate should contact the Registrar ([email protected]) directly for advice on whether they are eligible.
Students from Northern Ireland must meet one of the following criteria:
• 1 A Level or 2 AS Levels with grades in English and at least one subject from Mathematics or Accountancy not lower than grade C at GCSE level.
• BTEC National Diploma or Advanced GNVQ or equivalent.
As the number of places available in all classes will be limited, places will be allocated based on date of application.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.
For further information please email: [email protected] or phone 028 9026 5144