The Department for the Economy is funding Digital Futures as part of the Skills Intervention programme and Belfast Region City Deal. The programme will be developed by the Northern Ireland Colleges.
There are 55 places for graduates across three strands of Digital Futures. Participants can take part in only one programme. For more information, please select one of the following three graduate programmes
Recruitment: Deadline Closed
Programme start: Week commencing 26th October 2020
Recruitment: Deadline Closed
Contact [email protected]
or [email protected]
The Digital Futures Cloud Academy is supported by the Department for the Economy and delivered by Belfast Met.
If you're interested in a career in the fast growing local IT sector, training is available across a range of cloud technologies. On successful completion of the academy, you’ll gain industry-recognised qualifications and the offer of a placement in industry to apply your newly developed skills and knowledge.
Knowledge and practical skills gained include:
- Understanding the cloud, how it works and the associated infrastructure
- Learn how to maintain and deploy to the cloud
- Understanding the associated security risks with cloud technologies
- Get the most up to date and leading cloud qualifications on the market
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, training will be online through a virtual classroom. You'll need appropriate IT access (laptop/ PC and internet access) to link to the online tuition.
Training will take place 5 days per week (Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm)
What qualifications will you gain?
If you're selected for the Academy, you'll receive practical, real world training and the opportunity to gain world recognised qualifications in:
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104)
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Python
- MTA Database Admin Fundamentals
- Cisco Cybersecurity Essentials
Where can it take you?
With organisations adopting cloud more rapidly than ever, there couldn’t be a better time to start a career in cloud computing. The technology that completely transformed IT, also provides graduates with an opportunity to enter an innovative and fast-growing domain.
Completing the Academy will prepare you for an entry level Cloud computing role.
Belfast Met is currently working with a range of local IT and technology companies to offer industry placements commencing Monday 1st February 2021 for a period of ten-weeks.
During this time you will gain invaluable experience working within a professional environment, be exposed to exciting projects and apply all the knowledge/ skills learned during the first ten-weeks of the Academy.
During the ten week placement you will continue to receive a weekly training allowance of £150.
When you're on the training academy, you:
- will receive a weekly training allowance of £150 (based upon full attendance)
- will be reimbursed weekly travel expenses (if you are required to attend the College campus in person – it is planned that all training delivery will take place online)
- may be eligible for child care allowance
- A degree in any discipline
- Complete the Mindmill online psychometric assessment and upload your qualification certificate.
- Have access to your own device (laptop or PC) and internet connection.
How to Apply
Applications are now closed.
The application portal opens on Wednesday 7th October 2020
and closes Monday 19th October 2020.
As part of the application process you'll need to complete an online psychometric assessment and upload your qualification certificate.
- be eligible to work in the UK
- have a degree in any discipline
Candidate selection will be based upon compliant applications (submission prior to the deadline and upload of relevant degree documentation) and scoring from a psychometric assessment.
For further information please contact digitalfutures[AT]belfastmet[DOT]ac[DOT]uk
Belfast Met is seeking to create a list of interested companies and organisations who can offer a student a ten-week placement opportunity. This can be either remote or in your work/ office space.
From Monday 1st February 2021 for a period of ten weeks – the 20 x students will have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working within a professional environment, be exposed to exciting projects and apply all the knowledge/skills gained during the first ten-weeks of the programme.
Benefits for employers include:
- Access to graduates with fresh training and qualifications who can bring new ideas to your team
- Pipelining future talent for your business
- An opportunity for staff to offer mentoring and develop their own management skills
Student’s will be paid a £150 per week training allowance whilst on placement at no cost to the employer.
Interested? Get in touch with David Phelan: