Information for Applicants
We know that this may not be the start to College life that you or we would have anticipated, but you are joining a vibrant College community and will be fully supported to settle in.
Despite the challenges presented by the continued restrictions, we will make it possible for you to engage in your programme of study in the most meaningful and effective ways.
As we re-imagine College life alongside this pandemic, you can look forward to vibrant, inspiring and productive time, and we look forward to welcoming you to Belfast Metropolitan College.
Are you still accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year?
Absolutely. Applications for our full-time, part-time and work-based learning provisions are open for the 2020/21 academic year. We are processing applications for next year and welcoming new ones.
What support will be available on Results Day?
Our Admissions, Student Administration and support staff will be available to support you from Results Day through to Enrolment.
Although the current restrictions mean that we are not able to hold our traditional on-campus Clearing Day, further details of our Results Day support and opportunities will be available on these pages shortly.
Enrolment onto courses with no entry criteria
Due to current circumstances relating to COVID-19, telephone, postal and on-site enrolment is not currently possible. Potential students must book a place before paying for a place on the course.
Enrolment onto courses with no entry criteria will open at the end of June.
A summary of the process is shown below:
- Browse courses
- On the course page, click on ‘Enrol’ to book a place.
- Log in or create an account using personal email address and password.
- Follow instructions on screen to provide details.
- On the final screen, you will be asked to complete booking.
- A confirmation email will confirm course booking.
- One of the following methods will be used to progress with payment:
- Campus Admin will contact you by phone to process payment OR;
- An email containing a link to the World Pay site and instructions on how to pay will be sent to you.
- When you are enrolled, you will receive an email confirmation with course start date, instructions on how to obtain your student id card and other support information.
Enrolment onto courses with entry criteria (apply only)
You can apply to the College via belfastmet.ac.uk. You will be able to manage offers, record qualifications on entry and upload evidence using your online account.
Minimum and enhanced course entry requirements exist for each course. Entry requirements are defined and published in advance of applications opening.
On-site pre-entry advice sessions were suspended in March 2020. New applicants will be provided with course specific Pre-entry advice information in the form of PowerPoints by email.
Applicants are only required to contact the College if they require further information or wish to withdraw their application.
Applicants can choose to transfer to another course using original date applied. They must contact the College within 14 days from the date that the Pre-entry advice information was emailed to them.
Given the current lockdown restrictions and social distancing requirements, the centralised endorsement model has been suspended for 2020. The key features of this year’s endorsement process are:
- Applicants are not required to attend the College in person.
- Applicants will be provided with a ‘virtual’ appointment and must make themselves available to take telephone calls during this time.
- The College will make two attempts to call the applicant during the virtual appointment. If there is no answer, the applicant may forfeit their place.
- Final offer emails will be sent to applicants in early July.
- Discretionary arrangements may be in place where appropriate for applicant’s who cannot access a computer or telephone.