This is a two-year course for those who wish to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in bricklaying. It covers the following skills:
• Health, safety and welfare in construction
• Principles of building construction, information and communication
• Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structure
• Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
• Construction cavity walling forming masonry structures
The course consists of theory and practical lessons. Once you have completed the practical training, you will undertake a range of practical assessments and online examinations. In addition the course will cover Essential Skills in Numeracy, Literacy and ICT (if required) plus you will complete an Employability and Personal and Social Development qualification. Industry placement is a compulsory element of the programme and you will be expected to attend placement. On completion of the course, you can progress to the Level 3 Apprenticeship programme provided you have secured employment or alternatively to other further education options.
Career Opportunities / Progression
Successful completion of this programme will enable employed students to progress to the Level 3 Apprenticeship programme.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.