Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (Part Time)
25 May 19
If you are interested in sport, exercise and physical activity, then this two year, part time course is for you. This qualification examines scientific principles which underpin health and sporting performance.
This course will be of interest to anyone considering a career in sport and exercise science, sports nutrition, sports psychology, sports physiology, physical education, and physiotherapy or health promotion.
A wide range of practical and theoretical units are covered including Sport and Exercise Psychology, Biomechanics, Research Project, Nutrition, Sports Coaching, Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, Sports Analysis, Fitness Testing and Training, Sports Massage, Injury Prevention. You will also get the opportunity to develop your employability and enterprise skills in laboratory-based and field-based scientific environments.
This programme of study is likely to include enrichment units which are an additional component to enhance your employability.
This programme is delivered part-time at our Millfield Campus.
Successful completion may lead to employment at managerial level in sports science, sports development, health and fitness, physical education or physiotherapy. Alternatively you can progress to accelerated degree programmes in sport, exercise, health, leisure, physical education and physiotherapy.
Students must have one of the following:
• Two GCE A level or two AVCE in Leisure and Recreation at a minimum of 64 UCAS points plus four GCSEs at grades A-C; or
• A BTEC Level 3 Extended/National Diploma/Certificate in Sports Science/Sports Studies, Leisure Studies or other appropriate subject at a minimum of 64 UCAS points; or
• An Irish Leaving Certificate with at least two Higher Level passes at a minimum of 64 UCAS points; or
• An appropriate Access award; or
• Equivalent qualifications at a minimum of 64 UCAS points to gain a place on the course. Applicants with a lower profile will be put onto a waiting list and may be offered a place depending on places becoming available.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.