This course session is currently closed for enrolment/applications – it may be offered at a later date – please continue to check our website for updates.
Depending on successful completion and grade achieved, progression is by articulation to the second year of Ulster University’s BSc Construction Engineering and Management or BSc Building Surveying with a further two years of study required. Alternatively you can undertake further study for a degree in another construction-related discipline or progress to employment within the construction industry.
Entry requirements for the programme are:
1. A minimum of 64 UCAS tariff points to include at least one science/technical subject at Grade D or above at GCE A Level, together with a minimum of five passes (GCSE Grade C or above), which must include GCSE English Language and Mathematics (Grade C or above) or university-approved equivalent.
2. A BTEC National Diploma in Construction with good standing including distinctions and merits in most units.
3. Good performance in an approved Access to HE Diploma course.
4. Alternative qualifications deemed to be appropriate by Ulster University.
5. Evidence of an ability to undertake the programme through the accreditation of prior experiential learning.
Over and above the tuition fees, you may incur extra costs associated with your studies, for which you will need to plan. As part of your studies the college will arrange and facilitate site visits and study trips. Where possible the Department will seek to subsidise costs, however, there will be a contribution from the students of approximately £25 per year.
For Mathematics & Structures and Environmental Science & Materials a scientific calculator will be required (approximately £12).
You may also choose to purchase your own textbooks and course materials or prefer your own computer and software. Computer Aided Design software used on the course is available as free student copies from supplier websites.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.
Patrick Warde, tel: 028 9026 5475 or email: ScienceEngConstruction@belfastmet.ac.uk