This Level 2 Certificate in Vehicle Component Fitting qualification is ideal for learners who are interested in learning about the maintenance of motor vehicles.
Learners will develop their knowledge of:
- health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- removal and fitting of basic light vehicle mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) components and non permanently fixed vehicle body panels.
They also have to opportunity to develop their knowledge of:
- materials, fabrication, tools, equipment and measuring devices in the automotive environment
- systems, components and operation of spark ignition engines and compression ignition engine systems
- inspection and replacement of light vehicle:
- exhaust components
- vehicle batteries and related components
- suspension dampers and springs
- braking systems and components
This programme of study is likely to include enrichment units which are an additional component to enhance your employability.
This course session is currently closed for enrolment/applications – it may be offered at a later date – please continue to check our website for updates.
Career Opportunities / Progression
Successful completion of this programme will enable employed students to progress to the Level 3 Apprenticeship programme.
Please refer to the College's admissions criteria. Admission to this programme will entail successful completion of a diagnostic test and review.
Please contact us for information regarding course fees.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.
Attendance at an information session is mandatory in order that candidates can make an informed decision regarding their application for this course.