This course is a combination of modules/qualifications from the new Cambridge Nationals in Engineering suite. It is aimed at students who wish to consider studying any of the following:
1. The processes involved in designing engineered products.
Through research and practical activities, students will understand the requirements of a design specification and how market requirements and opportunities inform client briefs. Students will use practical skills such as drawing, computer modelling and model making to communicate design ideas.
2. The processes involved in manufacturing new engineered products.
It provides students with the knowledge and skills required to operate manufacturing tools and equipment used to make products in accordance with a design specification, and develops their understanding of the processes and systems required to transfer a design concept into a mass produced quality product
3. The function and operation of electronic systems and microprocessor controlled applications.
Students will learn how they are used across a range of engineering environments such as product design, automated manufacturing, maintenance and stock control.
Please contact us for information regarding course fees.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.
On successful completion of all modules students can achieve the following combination of the following qualifications.
• OCR Engineering Design Level1/2 Award/Certificate
• OCR Engineering Manufacture Level1/2 Award/Certificate
• OCR Systems Control in Engineering Level1/2 Award/Certificate
This level 2 qualification provides an excellent start for vocational study and enables progression to Level 3 vocational qualifications, such as BTEC Nationals - Level 3, Cambridge Technicals – Level 3, A Levels or Apprenticeships.
Tele: 02890 265394/5033
Email: [email protected]