This qualification is suitable for those who work in adult health and social care residential services and whose role is as a registered manager, manager, assistant / deputy manager or senior care / support worker.
It is continuous professional development (CPD) at a high level and is the specific qualification required to comply with RQIA requirements for adult social care residential settings.
The course is delivered over 2 years and runs one day per fortnight.
Students must achieve 90 CREDITS in total across a range of units, including:
• Use and develop systems that promote communication
• Promote professional development
• Develop health and safety and risk management policies and procedures and practices in health and social care
• Lead and manage a team within a health and social care setting
• Develop professional supervision practice in a health and social care setting
• Lead person-centred practice
• Safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults
• Manage finance within own area of responsibility in health and social care
• Manage quality in a health and social care setting
Assessment Method: Portfolio of evidence, professional discussion, work-based assessment and assignment work.
This course session is currently closed for enrolment/applications – it may be offered at a later date – please continue to check our website for updates.
Career Opportunities / Progression
This qualification replaces the Level 4 NVQ in Leadership and Management for Care Services. It is the accepted qualification for registration and regulation in accordance with RQIA guidance and can demonstrate continuing professional development.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification; however learners must demonstrate that they have the academic potential and also the work-based opportunities to gain the qualification successfully.
Fees relate to the first year of this two year course.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.