This is a level 5 qualification in English Language Teaching to Adults. We offer a range of different types of CELTA courses to suit your personal schedules. These are:
• two part-time evening courses running for 17 weeks throughout the year, in the first semester from September-January and in the second semester from January-June.
• two online courses running for 17 weeks throughout the year, in the first semester from September-January and in the second semester from January-June.
Please note that you cannot join the course late and that 100% attendance is expected for successful completion of the course.
This course is for you if you wish to enter the English Language Teaching profession or if you are already working in that field and want to acquire a formal qualification. This course will help you to:
• develop familiarity with the principles of effective teaching
• acquire a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
• improve your ability to analyse spoken and written language
• gain experience of lesson and syllabus planning
• prepare and evaluate resources and materials
You will also have the opportunity to:
• observe experienced teachers
• take part in professional development
• complete 6 hours of assessed teaching practice
The course is composed of input sessions, which take place on Tuesday evening, and assessed teaching practice with live students, which takes place on Thursday evening.
You are also required to complete four assessed assignments throughout the course.
Classes are limited to 12 places.
All students are expected to do some background reading before and during the course. A reading list willbe provided.
Course times: (Part-Time) Days: Tuesday and Thursday Times: 17.15-21.00
Online: Please note that the Teaching Practice component of the course will take place in College either on Saturday morning or Thursday evening.
To find out more information please call Course Enquiries on 028 9026 5265.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.