This qualification offers a balance of practical workshop skills and classroom theory. It provides students with an opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of the engineering skills and competencies required to work effectively in the fabrication and welding environment.
Assessment is by a series of online, written and practical tests and compulsory units which include:
• Working in Engineering
• Principles of Engineering Technology
• Principles of Manufacturing Technology
plus 3 units from:
• Using Bench Fitting Techniques
• Using Computer Aided Manufacturing Processes
• Assembling and Maintaining Fluid Power Systems
• Wiring and Testing Electrical Circuits
• Construction, Testing and Fault Finding Electronic Circuits
• Welding by MIG Process
• Fabricating Sheet Metalwork
This programme of study is likely to include enrichment units which are an additional component to enhance your employability.
This course session is currently closed for enrolment/applications – it may be offered at a later date – please continue to check our website for updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, you can progress onto the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering
Please contact us for information regarding course fees.
All fees are set in accordance with DfE regulations.
Attendance at an information session is mandatory in order that candidates can make an informed decision regarding their application for this course.
Tel: 028 9026 5000 ext 3470
Email: [email protected]